For riders who demand the best. Here it is…
Designed by Vitus Bikes and brought to you by Chainreactioncycles.com, all bikes in the Vitus Rapide range feature a custom-moulded high-modulus UD carbon frame and have been developed with competitive XC and marathon racing in mind.
For the dedicated XC athlete engaged in national or international competition, the Vitus Rapide I is our flagship carbon race hardtail. Boasting a wishlist components package including 2X10 SRAM XO transmission and a lightweight RockShox SID 100mm fork.
Custom-moulded T700 HM-UD carbon frame – 1.4kg frame weight
Our custom-moulded high-modulus monocoque carbon frame offers lightweight performance and a responsive ride whilst exceeding CE EN14766 safety standards. Featuring an oversized headtube and bottom bracket for unsurpassed stiffness and power transfer with replaceable dropouts as standard.
The Rockshox SID RL Solo Air fork features a 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle for ultimate stiffness and flawless tracking through corners. The fork delivers 100mm of silky smooth travel and a lock-out mode for fire-road climbs and sprints to the finish line.
A SRAM X0/X9 groupset featuring a 2×10 transmission combines lightweight performance with a full cpmplement of gears for XC race duties. SRAM X0 is the pinacle of high performance shifting and will perform flawlessly in even the most testing conditions! Ultra-lightweight Avid Elixir 7 Carbon hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors provide powerful braking in all conditions ensuring maximum confidence and control.
Easton EA70 wheelset and finishing kit
A lightweight Easton XC wheelset will handle the rigours of XC racing and offers snappy accelerations with every stroke of the pedal. Maxxis Aspen tyres maintain traction in all but the worst conditions ensuring maximum confidence and surefooted handling. Easton EA70 flat bars, stem and seatpost deliver the optimum blend of light weight and strength making the Rapide I a serious contender for podium glory.
- Frame: T700 High-modulus HM-UD carbon
- Frame Certification: CE EN14766
- Forks: RockShox SID RL Solo Air, 100mm travel, 15mm Maxle Lite
- Rims: Easton EA70 XC
- Hubs: Easton EA70 XC Disc, 100mm x 15mm Front, 135mm x QR Rear
- Tyres: Maxxis Aspen, 26”x2.1”, eXCeption-62a
- Brakes: Avid Elixir 7 Carbon hydraulic disc, 160mm rotors
- Chainset: SRAM X0 2.2 PF30, 175mm, 42t x 28t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Press Fit 30 (PF30)
- Chain: SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1050, 11t-36t, 10-speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X0
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X0
- Shifters: SRAM X9
- Handlebars: Easton EA70 XC flat bar, 685mm
- Stem: Easton EA70, 6 degree rise
- Grips: Vitus lock-on
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.5B Zero Stack, 1-1/8” to 1.5”
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seatpost: Easton EA70
- Seatclamp: Alloy
- Weight: 9.7kg (Medium)